Why use video in your marketing in 2018
Video is booming. Over the past 5 years smart brands have looked to video as a medium to promote their brand and products and services – the results below speak for themselves. And, today video is much more accessible, with a range of production options on offer to suit all marketing strategies and budgets.
- Video boosts conversions and sales. Insivia, a US based business consulting agency recently released research stating that adding product videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 80%.
- Search engines, especially Google love video. You are 53 times more likely to show up on the first page of Google if you have video imbedded in your site.
- Video works across all devices and very well on mobile. YouTube reports mobile video consumption increases by 100% every year.
- Video encourages social sharing.
- Video content promotes brand recall. HubSpot reports 80% of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month.
- Video achieves much better email click throughs. The use of video in email has shown to double click through rates.
- Video promotes stronger emotional connections with consumers as it offers many attributes above and beyond static or written content – tone of voice, face expressions and music.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video content can go viral securing you free exposure. It is estimated that 92% of people who consume mobile video share it.
- As mentioned in the intro – video is now very accessible, with a slew of options to suit all types of plans and budgets.
Incredible Images offer all types of video shooting and post production, from the very high end utilising the latest helicopter mounted cameras and drones through to simple short form videos for the web comprised of still images and smart animations. If you are thinking of including video in your marketing plan this year, please get in touch, we would love to show you what we can do.